Welcome to the little corner of my own personal projects! Here can be foun various sculptures, paintings and other experimental art I decide to try.
Select a thread down below and enjoy as I show you the process of my work :)
It's ironic when a mistake when making the clay bach gives you cracking effect. Completely unusuble until discovering it's perfect to make stones and then never be able to repeat the mistake when you actually need it to have the perfect stome making clay :I
But after 2 failed attempts I went with a cracking paste but still didn't achieve the desired effect so I went back in with more clay and just sculpt a few more detains in addition to the cracked surface.
One of the necessary changes was the eyes. I liked the original ones but were far away from the new vision. So I needed to make new ones are popo out the old ones- poor guy went blind for a bit there :O
So sometimes it's necessary to destroy something even if you've alredy did corrections on it before. The end result will be better if you chose to do so instead of keeping it as is just to save time :O
Sometimes it's interesting to see them change as paint is applied. Before this project was cahnged from original to Got was tempted tokeep him white. I wish I could keep him white :P One day I shall make that white dragon. One day! XD
Yes. One day! XD But I'm really happy how the red smothly transotions and no brush stroke is visible :)
taking carbord from another box I created a mini version and tried to replicate damage by ripping the sides, painting the corners with dirty paint water and wrinkling the sides and the edges to achieve an authentic look.
I found myself in a dilema. Usin a thin wood platform meant I can't work on it with water based materials because it would bend when in contact with water. And the only way I could make the concrete imitation was with water based gue. Lots of it. So the solution was to have the food foil between the wood and the paste to achieve the right shape for the concreete paste matching the shape of the wood platform. Once the paste was dry, the foil was removed and the two pieces stuck together with a little of fast acting glue :)